The panoramic photo above was taken about 1890, showing the buildings surrounding the square at far right with the cupola of the old Washington County Courthouse, which then stood at the center of the square, showing above the other buildings. The traces of roads coming off the hillside into the valley are, from left, Center Street, Mountain Street and Rock Street. The valley, known now as Spout Spring Hollow but also called Tin Cup Hollow for many years, is mostly hidden by the roll of the hillside in the foreground. At the extreme left is the old City Roller Mill, also called the Old White Mill. It was near the intersection of Huntsville and Mill streets. The photographer is unknown.