The growing neighborhoods that today make up the Washington-Willow Historic District are shown in this circa 1890 photo, looking northwest from Mount Sequoyah. Old Main is barely visible at the upper left. The diagonal road from lower right to about the center of the picture is East Lafayette Street, and the cross street is North Willow Avenue. The hill near center is Mount Nord and the large building on it is the old North School, built in 1885 about where Washington Elementary stands today. The white church near the center is the St. Joseph Catholic Chapel built in 1878. The photographer is unknown.